8.03.2007

Shaq's Big Challenge pt.2

A hearty “good job” to those “Shaq’s Big Challenge” group of kids (the show on abc). Wow. I was proud of them! Chris.. little Cuban kid had the biggest transformation. But Walter did with his personality. He says he now has lots of friends and in his yearbook was voted “most popular” – this was a kid that previously had trouble maintaining eye contact, would stutter, was an all around video gamer. And I was glad to see that Kit cut her hair. Yay for those kids. They kick started some great habits. I hope they all keep it up. (there were no after pics of the kids, or I'd post that.)

And I was challenged by their president’s physical fitness times they had to meet for school—I am going to work on mine! So I think James had the most sit-ups at 37, Chris? Had the most push-ups, but Kit I think did 15 … and the girl with the best mile time was 9:52. so… I took my times and I’m going to publish them for the world to see!!! It’s called accountability. My sit-ups were 31, push-ups 10, and my mile was 11 some. (update: as of today, it was 10:54... 2nd update: Aug. 10 mile time: 10:30). So, I have some work to do & maybe … just maybe I’ll let you know when I meet or surpass these kids’ times. Kevin had an impressive 7:31 mile. But boys can outrun girls. So if I go mega with this getting fit stuff, maybe I’ll strive for that. (that’d be crazy amazing) but, for now I’m going for a 9 minuter.

Disclaimer: now don’t you go thinking I have anything against overweight people. I know that some truly have a health issue and have trouble. But there is also a majority that could do something about it, but they’re too busy, too lazy, too ignorant. Hey, it’s your body!

No comments: