8.11.2007

first call

I had a blast the other night – I listened to First Call. Each time I listen to it, I bust out in dance, and get a kick out of it. I definitely needed that pick-me-up. I do a killer lip-sync. It brings back so many memories of my family when we lived in CA and we took the “tour of the US” vacation. Fun times forever etched in my memory. Squished in the backseat of that Lincoln Town Car. Erik’s legs spread so much, Amy & I basically shared a seat :) (no really, it wasn't that bad.) I’d have to say still my favorite song on the tape (not cd... but tape) is “Parable of the River.” I remember when we had this old RV and us kids were at the top bunk where we looked out the window above the drivers seats. Listening to that song and looking out the window, I loved it—it felt like I was flying. I’d always imagine myself on the top of that giant flying dog thing on the “Never Ending Story.” Either that or riding on a horse on the beach.

I will also admit that putting in a tape of P.I.D. has the same excitability for me. Old memories can be fun.

1 comment:

Earl Thornton said...

Those are great memories.
Do you have that tape?
I wondered where it went.
We need to put that stuff on ITUNES.