8.14.2008

The Olympics!


The 2008 Olympics in Beijing are in full swing, and I can't take my eyes off the tv! I always have enjoyed watching the Olympics. Not only because it's inspiring, and the feeling of pride for your country, but I guess what gets me most are the opening ceremonies - where literally the world comes together. I know not every single country is represented, but so many are -- all standing on the same floor. It's incredible to me. (and of course Beijing's was amazing to watch.)
I have liked watching the swimming and gymnastics events. I was on the swim team in high school, so it makes it that much more interesting. I also did track in junior high. That's always loaded with excitement to watch.
I would absolutely love to go to the Olympics some year. That would be pretty cool.

1 comment:

Earl Thornton said...

Good post. I agree about the Olympics. I think they are some of the best I've seen