8.02.2008

cell phone contacts

it's funny to me how long some people keep a contact in their phone. Me? I delete them kinda quickly. No one lingers who doesn't belong on my phone. if you're on my phone then you have 'status' with me. (and those of you know who you are!) I know i have the ability to have 99 contacts, but I like to keep it cleaned up. b/c I'm just like that, tidy. it makes life simpler. I just got a text recently from someone i haven't seen or spoken to in a year. lucky for anyone who's ever been a contact of mine (aren't you so "special") that i do hang on to the number. i save it in my computer. so i had to look up who this random texter was from. This happened another time, she was a good friend of mine in college. I had no idea she still maybe considered me a friend. so one night i got a text from her. and i actually wrote back and said "who is this?" no, i didn't get a reply. but i did eventually find her number and figure out who it was. i kind of felt bad. (Congrats on the marriage Jackie!) 

so speaking of, i do think fondly on all past and old friendships I've had. I will just take the time to say you know who you are -- good friends of mine. I do think fondly on all my past friendships. Moving, and moving and .... moving has separated me from many that I never wanted to be separated from. As well as just life changes, including the non-expected changes. including the unfair changes. From people i used to work with, to people from various churches, to friends from school. ode to all my friends. keep in touch on facebook. i really never have wanted to say bye.

1 comment:

Earl Thornton said...

Wow, am I still in your phone?!?!?!?