6.19.2008

my ring

Story time: Let me tell you why my ring is special to me.

About a year and a half ago, I was at work, performed my regular office duties, finished the work day then went to a local college in town to do my laundry. Sat in a friend's dorm room while my last load was drying. I glance at my hand and "huh?" then *Gasp!* a diamond is missing from my ring!!! ahh! My mind raced to think of all the places it could have fallen out: in the tub of the washer (it's gone for sure!) I retraced every step I had taken thru the dorm, out to my car, in my car, in my trunk, in my laundry basket. Sure it's a small diamond, but I can't afford to replace it... 'how much would a minuscule diamond cost?' Anyway, pretty discouraged and perplexed, I went home. (searched my apartment.... no luck). I think I called my parents. I prayed and prayed I'd find it.About a week later, I'm at work in the copy room, what else than making copies. I go to load more white paper, b/c that's what secretarial duties are don't-cha know. I notice there's something between the paper........ I lift a stack of about 75 pages of white copy paper from about 200 pages..... what is it?.... hmm, it looks like a diamond. I go around and ask all the married ladies on staff if they had lost a diamond from their ring. Then I think, could it be? I slipped it into the missing slot and... it fits. ..... MY DIAMOND! I could NOT believe it. I jumped up and down, squealed, thanked God over and over and then told everyone my amazing story.

So now if you catch me looking at my ring, not only am I admiring it, but I'm checking to make sure all diamonds are where they should be!

(this ring is my purity ring. I had picked it out fall of 03 at a JC Penny's. my previous purity ring was a $7 Avon book find that had become quite tarnished.)

4 comments:

Glenda said...

awesome story, jill! i'm glad u now have it recorded. although as i type that i'm also thinking that i'm sure it's in a thankful journal somewhere.

Earl Thornton said...

I'm proud of you Jill!

Dana said...

Thanks for sharing your story, Jill. I think we all have a special piece of jewelry, and it's really neat to share why its special.

I lost the diamond to my engagement ring one time. Although very small, it was super important because, well, you know, it just was. It was at a time when I knew I couldn't replace the diamond, even with a fake one. After retracing my steps about 100 times, I sat down on my bed and cried, explaining to Jason what had happened. After a few moments of crying and praying, some small sparkle in the carpet caught my eye. Right away, I got down on my hands and knees to check it out. It was my diamond!

Now, I, too, check out my ring from time to time... I certainly don't want to lose it again!

jet said...

wow! awesome story Dana! i love it when things turn up like that! yay God!