4.21.2008

Steve Jobs

I had heard Steve Jobs' name (CEO, chairman and co-founder of Apple Inc., and founder of Pixar Animation Studios) twice the past few days, so I thought I would google his name to see a picture of him. I came across this video of him speaking at Stanford University Commencement in 2005.
I thought this was interesting, somewhat inspiring, and overall good enough to blog it.




It is true how we can only connect the dots when we are looking back.
I thought the worst line in the speech was "Death is very likely the single best invention of life." (12:10) I don't know though, the more I think of it...("it clears out the old to make way for the new" is somewhat true...) I wonder what God would think of that line. Let me hear your opinion! And boy, I'm glad that I don't fear death! I look forward to Heaven! Romans 5
another quote I'm not so sure about: "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."
BEST quote: "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." (12:30)
"Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice"
Other than this video, I know nothing about him. Actually, the first time I heard his name and learned he was a CEO of Apple was on Saturday.
I only have one request Steve, can I have a mac?... and an ipod... and like a year's worth of free music from itunes?..... j/k. not really.

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

Steve Jobs IS apple. he's like the bill gates of apple. insane. talk to steve hahn about him...he'll talk for hours!

the "death" quote is interesting... i look at it through the eyes of 'dying to myself so that Christ can live in me...becoming a new creation...' and i guess that is good! lol.