6.09.2007

thunderstorms


Thunderstorms are amazing. I’ve always enjoyed them. I guess its b/c growing up in California we didn’t experience too many of them, so when they did happen we all got excited. But once we moved to the Midwest we got to experience them then.

Thunderstorms are powerful, awesome, intriguing, amazing. Where I’m at in Missouri, we’ve had a lot of rain, more than normal I hear. But these past two have brought some of the loudest thunder (lightning) I’ve ever heard. The last one made some car alarms go off. What is it about thunder that you can actually feel the force of it? It’s so powerful- it shakes your home, your dishes rattle. Awesome.

T-storms are a wonder to me. But also always reminds me of how huge God is. God can do anything. A light show like that is nothing for him.

What I don’t like, however, are tornadoes! Or the threat of them. They also are a huge wonder, but so disastrous.

1 comment:

Earl Thornton said...

Hey, why don't we go storm chasing in Western Kansas. Don't worry, we'll take my truck and leave your car parked safely away from the basketball sized hail!