4.05.2015

Easter, over the past 3 yrs.

to recount the past 3 years on Easter…
3 yrs ago: in Jerusalem. Got to be at the Garden Tomb for the most beautiful, moving Easter services I've been to.
2 yrs ago: was excited to pick out a hot Easter outfit because I had someone to look good for. after 12 yrs w/o a boyfriend, finally I had one and it felt great. We took pictures after church with my 'big' camera and he had the biggest smile I had seen - at all within the time we dated.
1 yr ago: attended church by myself. It was a really hard time. Went up after the service b/c I felt compelled to pray with the couples up there afterwards. Which moved me to further tears and I then retreated to the bathrooms to sob. I still can't describe it, but whatever happened was moving. It was an experience for sure.
Now to this year. Will attend church by myself, again. And I wonder as I progress in my 30s owning a home, how much of this is gonna be like this? Going thru life alone? I wanted a companion.

Growing up I had always prayed for the man who I'd marry.
How bout that - growing up. Easter. Man, we got dressed up. Mom always sewed our Easter outfits. We'd wear tights and white shoes. I'd attach a picture, but my computer doesn't cooperate with high[er] memory needed these days.

Here's to all the upcoming Easters and the memories you'll develop.

No comments: