3.04.2008

Leave Brittany alone!

Over a month ago, someone told me “nothing’s a secret.” At first I was surprised by what they were referring to, but then I thought, “Man, how true is that.” Whoever you are, we’re all in public light, big or little positions. Even if you lock yourself up in the house everyday, your neighbors will see you step out to get the mail! Ah! Unfortunately, I'm finding most everyone is interested in everyone else’s business.

This coined phrase leave Brittany alone made famous by the freak show on you tube, Chris Crocker (plus speech impediment) and get this, for the drama, he signed a TV deal

and no way, José, am I saying to leave Brittany spears alone. Unfortunately that girl has made many decisions that have put her where she is today; but enough on that piece of work.

First off, I can’t believe and am continually surprised how interested people are in other people's business.

Someone I work with seems to watch my every move just to have something to tattle about. Micromanager!!! I've worked for one or two before--what a drag. I think every workplace has these people. This irritates me like none other. I want to say to their face: "chill out, back off, mind your own business. You have issues."

So my version of “leave Brittany alone” is BACK OFF! and seriously, get a freaking life.

Why are some people so obsessed with the “bringing down” of others? Destruction, destroying a reputation with lies, gossip, cheating, fudging --slanderous. Of the 7 things listed in the Bible that God hates, gossip is among them. Proverbs 6. I just don’t get it! Is it hatred? Jealousy? Anger? Insecurity? I can’t understand the motive behind destructive plots to take someone out / bring someone down. Do you really have nothing better to do then to plan these strategies out?

Stop it! Get a life! Examine yourself. Are all your actions edifying to God? That day when God is the Judge, we will account for all our sin—and what will be your reasoning?

Thanks to an evening alone with cleaning products and my bathroom for this blog (no the chemicals did not get to my head you hideous naysayers, go find that life I talked about.)
...I compiled this about a month ago, saved it and forgot about it.

*here's another link I came across trying to find the reference to the seven things God hates.

No comments: