12.10.2007

I want a dog for Christmas Charlie Brown

So I'm watching the Charlie Brown special on TV "I want a dog for Christmas Charlie Brown" and I'm getting such a kick out of it. It seems the kids are a bit older and for the first time I actually grasp the characters and their personalities. It is so cute! Apparently Lucy & Linus are brother & sister and they have a younger brother named ReRun... I relate as the youngest and I also relate b/c I want to get a dog!

ReRun rides on the back of his mom's bike and is worried about running into things. He goes over to Charlie Brown's house everyday and asks "can you ask your dog if he'll come out and play?" and ReRun gets "fired" (as he called it) from Kindergarten because he said to another little girl "let's go to Paris" so he got 'fired' for harassment. Spike, Snoopy's brother from Arizona comes with his cactus, has a mustache and hat (he looks Hispanic!)
I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown! centers on ReRun, the lovable but ever-skeptical younger brother of Linus and Lucy. It's Christmas vacation and, as usual, ReRun's big sister is stressing him out, so he decides to turn to his best friend, Snoopy, for amusement and holiday cheer. However his faithful but unpredictable beagle companion has plans of his own, giving ReRun reason to ask Snoopy to invite his canine brother Spike for a visit. When Spike shows up, it looks like ReRun will have a dog for Christmas after all... but then the real trouble begins.

2 comments:

Earl Thornton said...

I think there is an old song from when I was a kid about a dog and Christmas.
I'll have to see if I can remember it!

jet said...

"how much is that doggie in the window... ruff ruff" ?