10.02.2007

integrity?

I caught the Oprah show today. (nothing I’m proud to admit) She had Halle Berry on to announce her pregnancy with her boyfriend “of 2 years.” (b/c apparently the longer the relationship the more ok it is?)

Halle was talking about how her Canadian-model-boyfriend “oozes integrity.” HA. Let’s hear what she calls integrity... this is what she said when Oprah asked her to describe integrity: “he does what he says he’s going to do. He doesn’t care what anybody does. He’s honest. He’s genuine. He’s just a good person.” –integrity defined by Halley Berry talking about her boyfriend. (That’s integrity? Well, if that’s integrity then a circle must be square.)

Let’s take a gander at integrity in the dictionary and results are: “Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code. moral soundness. An unreduced or unbroken completeness or totality. rectitude, probity, virtue. See honor. … um, ya think that’s what they are practicing? I would guess not. But then by whose standards are they measuring themselves. The bible says to be like Christ. All my life I’ve also heard that integrity is what you do behind closed doors when no one is looking… purity. I’m sorry, but when I hear a celebrity (one like Halle Berry especially) talking about integrity, it makes me laugh. History lesson: "integrity" was first used in popular English literature: sometime before 1350.

Then she say’s they are “redefining marriage for themselves. The paper doesn’t mean anything to me. It’s a spiritual partnership.” Oprah said, “that’s the move of the future.” Then Oprah quoted someone “can’t have a spiritual partnership with out equal people.” All I’d like to say is what are these people smoking? What a bunch of fluff. Are you kidding me? That makes me want to puke. Not that I should expect anything better out of Hollywood. What bugs me the most though, is how people will idolize these celebrities who maybe have gone to one party too many… they worship themselves rather than their true Creator. I mean these celebrities’ lives are falling apart every time you turn around—and we spend money and time reading about them? why? They lead no life that I admire.

Um, let’s take a step back and see what has worked for all time =sanctity of marriage! here are tips on a successful marriage. Apparently Halle could've used this on her first two attempts.

Oprah looked like she hadn’t slept for 2 days. I think Halle is dense - pretty face, but not much depth. Celebrities have lots of money to look good, but they have a lot of work to do on the inside.

Ok, and this guy that they talked about (Halle’s movie partner “Benicio”) … um YUCK. It just proves their brains are filled with FLUFF! This guy looks like a wreck. He looks like he smells. I ended up turning it off –I couldn’t stand to watch it.

1 comment:

Earl Thornton said...

WOW... preach it sister... errrr daughter. Great post. Makes me even more proud of you.