5.04.2007

nosey walmarteers

so i was in Wal-mart purchasing groceries and a birthday card for my brother. all my stuff is on the conveyor belt, when the wal-mart cashier picks up the card I picked out & begins to read it. I'm thinking... "seriously lady? just scan my items, i want to buy this & go." ??? this is not the first time a wal-mart assoc has browsed deeply into my items to buy. one other time i was buying a little framed/matted picture. she gazes at it awhile commenting on how it's so great. Sure, they may be making an effort to be more friendly... but lay off the nosey-ness! i don't need my things to be inspected.

4 comments:

Earl Thornton said...

I think they are impressed by you, identify with you and thusly are impressed by what you have selected.
I don't think it is a matter of being nosey... but impressed.

Glenda said...

I agree with your dad...but I do have to say that the lady actually reading your card is a little weird!

jet said...

yeah, she like made a point to stop what she was doing. she said "i'm just going to read this card here. i've got brothers too. ...that card is so true... Blah blah blah"
just ring me up! :) it's a walmart trip, get it, get out :)
well i'll take it as a compliment (?)

Unknown said...

I know where u buy your birthday cards!!! Naa-na-naa-na boo-boo!!!

Tee hee!