5.18.2007

careful

Remember the phrase "oh be careful little mouth what you speak?" Well I have some emphasizing to do on that:

Ezekiel 25:6-7 (NLT) "This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because you clapped and danced and cheered with glee at the destruction of my people, I will raise my fist of judgment against you. I will give you as plunder to many nations. I will cut you off from being a nation and destroy you completely. Then you will know that I am the Lord."

And in Ezekiel chapters 8-10: God cared for and loved Judah, only to have it turn away to other nations and their false gods. The nation had grown to maturity and become famous, but the people forgot who had given them their life. This is a picture of spiritual adultery.

Do not mistake God's judgment if you are glad at the destruction of other believers. Not only in Acts, but many places in the Bible it talks strongly of living in peace with other believers and to not gossip. Christians should be known by our LOVE, not maliciousness!! Good grief people, get over your selfish ambitions of grandeur. God has placed godly leaders in place. Who are you to think you have the right to...?

Well the prophet in me is coming out. So I pray God's will to be done. He is THE judge. Amen? Amen. He is a just and loving God. I am thankful that he is a big God and he doesn't need our help! A friend once said, "It’s like a board of directors of a hospital telling a surgeon how he should perform brain surgery."

this reminds me of Amy Grant's song "what about the love"

I looked into the mirror,
Proud as I could be,
And I saw my pointing finger
Pointing back at me,
Saying, "Who named you accuser?
Who gave you the scales?"
I hung my head in sorrow;
I could almost feel the nails.
I said, "This is how it is
To be crucified and judged
Without love."

Something's wrong in heaven tonight.
You can almost hear them cry.
Angels to the left and the right,
Saying, "What about the love?
What about the love?
What about the love of God?"

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I love the line about the brain surgeon! Made me smile :)