2.09.2009

Andy's Custard II

I've just got to say how impressed I am with this cute little-not-so-little anymore company, Andy's Frozen Custard.
I enjoyed their goods and services while I was in college. That was a prime thing to do in little Springfield. Anytime college kids would go out on the town the hit food stops were either Krispy Kreme for free donuts, or Andy's. And for some girls it never came off from that freshman-15. And to my surprise, shock and amazement, they opened one up here in IL, like 15... 20 mins from my house. Hey that's close enough!
So I contacted the company via their website and I actually got a response back, a personal email, they thanked me, were very gracious, and I got a free andy's treat out of it!
Their customer service is one of the best, and I'm thoroughly impressed. They truly care about customer satisfaction and want to make sure you have an enjoyable time, and enjoy their product. (of which they are confident, and so am I, that once you try it you can't go back to chain custard places.)
They grew from a one store in a mom and pop-- I've actually talked with the owner--down to earth, just an all around good ol' boy. Who is really passionate about this product and brand that his dad started in the 80s in the Ozarks. I think they've done a great job expanding the business so far, and according to the group 'fan of Andy's Frozen Custard' on facebook, there are a lot of people calling for it in California! maybe that'll be their next custard-plant. I don't know.
I just had to give a huge shout-out / give out props / 5 stars to Andy's Frozen Custard. Not only good stuff - truly, but great service that starts from the very top. They aim to please, and they do.
Thank you Andy's for a great American product I am glad to support.

pictured above is a chocolate cone, and my favorite, Choc-O-Rocko.
(which I always screw up the order and say "rocco choco" oh well they know what I like!)

psst, and right now if you're a fan of the group on facebook, this week they are giving out free cones!

2 comments:

Earl Thornton said...

Good post Jill. You are a good writer. Cute pic of you. You should post that story on your facebook.

carissa said...

O-M-G!!!! my husband is from springfield and we go back at least once a year and i am obsessed with andy's!!! small world :)