1.16.2009

power hungry, press loving obama- ur mama

this is a P.S. but instead of post script, it will be a pre-script.
Why did NBC cut out reporting commentary after Bush's final address to the plane crash? It was 7:15pm, and they had already reported about the crash during the earlier newscasts. Don't get me wrong--I am super glad every single person survived; the pilot did an awesome job of saving thousands of lives. It was what could have been quite disastrous, but he really did an incredible job of landing the plane. (picture from reuters.com)


I just want to point out the blatant and obvious (to me) one-sided bias stance the media (major networks) takes in politics and reporting-- from newspapers to magazines like Time (Obama is on it for the 14th time), People, GQ, Vanity Fair, Men's Vouge, Rolling Stone ... Newsweek, Wired, Vibe, it's a celebrity status people are loathing all over him. Why? I do not see any other reason than because of his race. I don't get it. He doesn't have enough experience to even be his own body guard. I personally, would like to see a tribute to Bush on a cover. And would have to add it should be tastefully done. Sad that would need to be said, but I'm not sure they would give him due credit. The man did a great job, he deserves huge props, and a lot of respect. I could go on...

Also, I will point out Obama's old '07 Chrysler 300 (with major bling wheels) is up on ebay for ONE MILLION DOLLARS. US News & World Report link here's a clip:
A Chrysler 300C owned by Obama until 2007 is currently for sale on eBay. The list price? Well, it's a little over the $15,100 Kelley Blue Book says a 2005 300C in good condition should fetch. About $85,000 over.
Obama had sold it for a Ford hybrid. You know, because it's all for show.
here's another link from Star Tribune in Minneapolis
umm... and media was all over Sarah Palin for selling the Governor's plane?
Who's the money hungry one?!

Here's another point to prove biases "Bush Saved 10 Million" story on CNN website. We don't hear about that.
Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist says George Bush's AIDS policy has saved millions in Africa. ... And lead the world we did. No president in history had made such a commitment against a single disease.
Playback 8 years ago: let's review what it was like when the Clinton's left the White House. They took all the W's off of the keyboards, pasted things onto the desks, stole a bunch of stuff, cleaned out and trashed Air Force One.
I know the Bush's are classy people and that is a very important quality for the leader of our country to possess. Because they live public relations for that term, and shmoozing doesn't always work for all cultures. But a true genuine spirit and kindness can be identified no matter the language barrier.

Bush will be missed. I felt safe knowing he was our Commander in Chief.

This makes me upset as well: Geithner neglected to pay his taxes from '01 - '07 is NOT an "honest mistake" and Obama wants to elect him for the top tax guy to lead the Treasury Department? Are you kidding me? That's hypocrisy! People would easily say, "If he didn't pay his taxes, why should I?" That's so messed up. Where's the integrity?

What I get irritated and irked by is the double standards. It's exactly what Representative Steve King, Congressman from Iowa stated when he was on Hannity 1.16.09. Democrats flip out and have tantrums over things Repulicans do/say. But then, when they go and do the same thing -- why is it okay then?
I'm not a big "Republican vs. Democrat" (I'm not hung up on titles) what I care about are the issues, be fair, call it like it is, treat people the way you would want to be treated. I just don't get the double standards, and I don't like it much.
Just like Andrea Tantaros said later on the show during the Great American Panel "is that what Obama is bringing us? 'Common mistakes'?" You bet it sends a message to the citizens of the United States. How do you expect to reinforce: No one is above the law.

So those are my opinions. It's my blog, I can.

1 comment:

Earl Thornton said...

Great post Jill.
Well stated. Succinct thoughts.
I like your last line..."It's my blog. I CAN."
Love it.