2.03.2008

personal space

I was out buying Valentines Day cards for my niece & nephew today. As I was standing in line (forever) waiting to purchase, the lady behind me stood very close to me. TOO close. I glanced back behind me and there was about one inch from my purse and her. I scooted up, she scooted up. Seriously? I wanted to offer my back and say "would you like to get on?" (for a piggy back ride) I just don't get it, I'm always aware of my surroundings, and not wanting to offend or 'perturb' people. Sure, it's a culture thing as well, and if I was standing in line in China I would just laugh at the experience, but when it's at home, you kind of want to turn around and say "Excuse me!" but then, I suppose those people aren't quite aware of it. So, here's my piece to bringing it out to the open.

1 comment:

Earl Thornton said...

great post, great pics... you made me laugh